Photo Credit: © 2006 Lynne Holder

Monday, February 13, 2012

Two Years

Today is our anniversary--our second.

It didn't have the best beginning, with our concerns over our financial state of affairs.

It was around midnight. We talked about how we wouldn't be able to make credit card payments on the due dates.

Tension mounted. Voices grew intense. Fear washed over me like a tsunami.

I broke down in tears.

The last thing I remember before falling asleep (which I didn't think I would be able to do) is being wrapped up tightly in Leland's arms, flooded this time by love, as he prayed for God to protect us.

This is why I married Leland Holder. He has such a huge capacity for love that his heart fills up and spills over.

Fear now conquered by love, allow me to share some special memories of our wedding day, 2 years ago today.

Snowmageddon hit Atlanta the day before the wedding and it was nothing short of miraculous that all 4 of the kids and 2 significant others made it here before the airport shut down. Here is what I woke up to on wedding day:

Photo credit: Chris Mothershead (c)2010
Photo credit: Chris Mothershead (c)2010










It was a pretty shaky beginning to the day. The florist called to ask if we were still getting married. The hair salon never opened. But my kids were all here and that's all that mattered to me. I knew the groom would make it, even if he had to 4-wheel it in his Pathfinder.

It all came together beautifully. The snow started melting off by noon. My friend and makeup artist, Katie, made the trek from her home to Dawsonville to do my hair and makeup, even though I had resolved to do it myself (you're an angel, Katie). The flowers, cake and cupcakes, and Leland, all made it safely to Nightfire Lodge in Chestatee in plenty of time. Here's the happy ending:
Photo credit: Chris Mothershead (C) 2010

 There's a photo album on my Facebook page, click here.

A couple of video clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmiAqCvbuvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVw-HxHFgg

How this makes me smile! God has blessed us, no doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment