- The work has been of some financial benefit to us, even at $8/hour and 20-something hours/week. All work has value.
- I've cleaned public bathrooms, been patronized, belittled, and unappreciated. I've been humbled and I have had to look to God for the strength to accept it.
- I have witnessed some fairly hideous drama among the co-workers. I confess I have been a participant in some instances, but in some I have chosen to simply put distance between me and it. In all instances, I have sincerely desired to do my job to the best of my ability.
- Power hungry people exist on even the most menial of job levels, as does poor leadership.
- I enjoy the horse community, for the most part; especially those who are beginning or returning riders. Their enthusiasm is easy to identify with and sharing in it is happiness.
- Some co-workers, like family, are alternately a joy and a challenge for me to be unselfish and loving.
- I can push myself through illness, exhaustion, and pain. God made me strong in my weakness.
- I don't do my job for anyone's approval, but to honor God.
I'd like to share a brilliant quote, by Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf: "You learn far more from negative leadership than from positive leadership. Because you learn how not to do it. And, therefore, you learn how to do it." All of my jobs that I can rank as having had the worst leadership, as awful as the experiences have been, have taught me such valuable lessons on how to lead people. Perhaps, one day I will have the chance to put my lessons into practice again, but my fondest hope and prayer is that my partnership in business with my husband, and my modeling career, will soon be my full-time pursuits.
Life is too short. We should all be living like we're dying. We are. I have simply to remember those I've lost to cancer, as well as those who are in the battle for their lives, to want to do everything I can to live a God-honoring, abundant life--not simply survive.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
Everyone have a wonderful, happy, and blessed weekend!