Photo Credit: © 2006 Lynne Holder

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Silver Lining


We've made some serious sacrifices these last several weeks, but we've been willing to do the painful stuff to get to the payoff--financial freedom.

We've also seen the unmistakable fingerprint of God on our lives recently. Allow me to share:

  • An anonymous $100 Wal-Mart gift card.
  • Christian Healthcare Ministries forgiving a $600 payment that we owed.
  • Contract work for me and a call just yesterday regarding a front office position opening in a chiropractic office (still praying for the tack shop job).
  • Business continues to come in for Leland, and several payments have recently been received.
Leland and I have resolved to make a conscious effort to be more positive in our thinking. We keep this in mind, ...as a man thinks in his heart, so is he... 

We have had wonderful support from our small group and love our weekly get-togethers with them, "doing life together".  Most of my life I have been one of those people who goes through my challenges alone, but I've found out how much better it is to face them with people who will be there for you if you need help. Being that this is atypical for me, I have to add this to the list of things that have God's fingerprint all over them. He knew what I needed before I did. 

Tonight is our next meeting with Dwayne, our Moneywise mentor. I'll fill you in on that later. 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... Ephesians 3:20


Update: As Dwayne says, "We're snakebit", trying to get to meet. Something has come up causing him to cancel twice, and last week Leland was coughing up a lung, so we canceled. We need some angelic intervention here, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment